Enhance Your Business Skills
The Mini MBA™ provides a fast, practical path for mid-career professionals to broaden their business skills and improve their business acumen. Participants are equipped with the knowledge they need to keep themselves and their organizations competitive. The program is designed to expand participants’ understanding of multiple business disciplines and enable them to make confident, informed decisions using take-aways from each session.
This MBA-derived learning experience provides participants an overview of subject areas typically found in a business school graduate degree program. One night a week, students will focus on a single business discipline. Sessions are taught by Belmont’s Jack C. Massey College of Business faculty and subject matter experts from the Nashville business community with an emphasis on combining current business theory with practical, hands-on experiential learning.
Participants earn a completion certificate at the conclusion of the program. In addition, the Massey College of Business offers a discount equivalent to the program fee and two elective credit hours to anyone who enrolls in the Massey MBA graduate academic program of study.
Expand Your Business Acumen
Participants in The Mini MBA™ can expect to:
- Learn and practice effective Negotiation skills
- Learn to read and interpret the 4 primary Financial Statements and gain an understanding of the fundamentals of Financial Management
- Explore a data driven approach to Economics
- Study theories of Business Ethics and their application
- Discuss Operations and Supply Chain Management using current world scenarios
- Learn the characteristics that set Entrepreneurs apart
- Develop a better understanding of themselves and others through Emotional Intelligence and Strengths assessments
- Learn to Think Strategically and apply those skills through case studies
Network and Learn Alongside Leaders from Multiple Industries
Register for this program if:
- You are considering a graduate degree and want an overview of Belmont’s MBA program
- You are a technical professional transitioning to a management position and want to strengthen your fundamental management ‘know-how’
- You are an experienced manager pursuing a solid foundation in current business theory and practices,
- You are a manager seeking to become knowledgeable in a variety of functional areas in order to advance in your career