TN HIMSS/Belmont University HIT Accelerator Program
The FALL 2020 HIT Accelerator Program is ONLINE.
TN HIMSS and Belmont University have joined hands to create the Health Information Technology (HIT) Workforce Accelerator program. The accelerator provides a new curriculum that will propel students toward joining the HIT workforce to support the rapid growth of the industry in Middle Tennessee.
The program is the outcome of a collaborative engagement between TN HIMSS, Belmont University, Nashville HealthCare Council, and the Nashville Technology Council.
Objectives for the HIT Workforce Accelerator program include:
- Preparing workforce-ready healthcare IT analysts
- Equipping sufficient numbers of graduates to meet the demand for emerging positions
- Training in actual healthcare workplace requirements including real processes, challenges, environments, and vendor solutions
- Utilizing environments from a variety of sources including: industry professionals, HIMSS member companies, area experts, and Belmont faculty
- Functional expertise
- Appropriate level of testing to ensure learners have demonstrated competency before being certified “workforce ready”
- Achieving balanced competencies, such as:
- Specialized knowledge about healthcare IT systems
- Specialized knowledge about transferable vendor solutions
- Specialized knowledge about healthcare processes and environments
- Specialized skills in leading and contributing towards IT implementation projects
- Professional, interpersonal and team-based collaboration skills