Knowledge and Skill Development for Health Information Technology Leaders
The Health Information Technology Workforce Accelerator is a collaboration between the Tennessee Chapter of the Health Information Management Systems Society and Belmont University Center for Executive Education. The HIT Certificate Program is designed to support the rapid growth of the Health Information Technology industry in Middle TN by preparing participants to make an immediate impact in their roles and organizations with the knowledge and experienced gained while in the program.
Individuals in this program learn from leading subject matter experts, network with professionals from diverse backgrounds and organizations, and engage in discussions regarding real world examples to build the knowledge and agility needed to thrive in the Healthcare Information Technology sector. Professionals who complete this program:
- Understand the intricacies of utilizing Big Data to make strategic decisions.
- Know to change their communication style based on the individual and situation.
- Can explain the requirements, need and complications regarding Electronic Health Records.
- Understand the need for continuous innovation and development within Health Information Technology.
- Know principles of Lean Methodologies and how to apply them in their own organization.
Participants that complete the full course earn the Health Information Technology Workforce Accelerator Digital Badge at the completion of the program. This badge is a representation of your learning outcome and experience in the program. Your learning can be verified by current and future employers online through this digital badge easily and securely. You can also share your badge with anyone you like via:
- Embedded in a Website
A viewer can click on your badge and view the details of your learning achievement.
Become a Leader in the Healthcare Information Technology Industry
Participants in the Healthcare Information Technology Workforce Accelerator Program can expect to learn:
- The paradigm shifts in healthcare in the United States.
- Terms commonly used in health services environments including financial, clinical and administrative coding.
- The role of IT personnel to prevent potential privacy and security breaches.
- Lean principles, systems and tools.
- The driving forces of interoperability from Providers, Consumers, Government, Employers and Payers.
- The concept of Data Governance and the HIT professional’s role in ensuring data quality, privacy, compliance and security.
- Challenges faced by healthcare organizations dealing with very large volumes of data as well as in proposing scalable solutions for them.
- How data analytics impacts business intelligence, operational and system design and strategic planning.
Network and Learn from Healthcare Information Technology Leaders
Register for this program if:
- You are interested in working in the Healthcare Information Technology industry and have no experience.
- You are a professional with Healthcare Industry experience and are interested in transitioning to a Healthcare Information Technology role.
- You are a professional with industry experience withing Information Technology and are interested in transitioning to a Healthcare Information Technology role.
- You want to develop the knowledge and skills to lead teams/organizations in the Healthcare Information Technology Industry.