Business & Financial acumen training for managers, employees, and sales professionals.
Your company faces tough decisions every day about processes, people, product development, asset management, capital investments and more. In today’s competitive, fast-paced marketplace, these decisions are no longer the exclusive responsibility of those in the executive suite. Business acumen is critical at all levels.
When your managers and employees understand the financial drivers and strategic objectives, and realize the connection between strategy and financial success, only then will your organization operate at peak levels.
Who would benefit from this program?
Managers, supervisors, individual contributors and employees.
What can you expect from this 2-day program?
Expert Belmont Finance Faculty
- Discover and build familiarity with core financial concepts and terminology for the purpose of making effective business decisions.
- Define and use common financial terms like assets, liabilities, equity, depreciation and cash flow
- Construct and interpret three basic financial statements (income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement)
- Explain the relationship and differences between profit and cash, including the importance of monitoring cash flow
- Compute and analyze key financial measures/ratios (return on equity, return on assets, return on sales, gross profit margin, etc.)
- Explain how strategic initiatives like capital investments, quality/process improvements, cash and debt management strategies, service chain/supply chain management, capacity utilization and new product development impact financial success
- Describe the importance of investing for the future (technology, sales/marketing, R&D, etc.) while balancing short-term profitability and shareholder return
- Explain the impact of product discounting and/or price increases on profitability
- Recognize and define organization-specific financial terms, concepts and ratios
- Give examples of the story (strategies and initiatives) behind their organization’s numbers (revenue, profit, margins, ratios)
- Recognize and describe how the goals of their departments and teams align with the organization’s strategic and financial objectives, and how their own personal actions and decisions impact the bottom line.
Post-Program Performance Support
Length of Program
Two Day Program:
- Day 1: 8:00am – 4:30pm – Business Simulation
- Day 2: 8:00am – 4:30pm